Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Daniel Deronda + Hen Sweaters

Hello! For this installment of Period Dramas + Knitting, I watched the first three episodes of the BBC's  Daniel Deronda. It's a four part series, but I haven't brought myself to watch the last one. It's not quite as good as I had hoped. I don't  find the characters particularly interesting. Also, I have a confession to make. I have never read any George Eliot and if I can help it, I never will. I don't know if that makes me a terrible future-English Ph.d, but there you have it. Only last year did I finally read a Jane Austen novel and enjoy it. BUT I do really like watching television shows set in these time periods or based on novels I would never read. I should probably be ashamed to admit that. I do find the ethnic and religious tension between the "proper Englishmen" and the Jewish Londoners to be very interesting, but the love story is just not interesting.













During these episodes I finished up the second hen sweater I'm making for Farm Sanctuary. They just rescued a bunch of hens from factory farming, and I just inherited a bunch of stash yarn, so I made a couple. I'm going to try to make a lot of them, but they aren't the most interesting things in the world to knit.
Here is my lovely model Owlvis Costello giving you a general idea how these sweaters work, except he's a little short for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment